Entertainment Featured Headlines Health News USA

Club Kids Co-Founder Michael Alig died from drug overdose!

Source: Fox News

Michael Alig, aka the “Club Kid Miller” died from an overdose on various hard drugs. According to the Office of Chief Medical, Alig’s death was caused by acute intoxication by fentanyl, acetylfentanyl, heroin and methamphetamine.

Michael Alig died at the age of 54 on Christmas Eve 2020. He was found dead in his NYC home. According to the reports, his ex-boyfriend, Ben Silva found him unconscious and unresponsive on his bed, after which he called called 911. However, Alig was pronounced dead on the scene. As told by the officials back then, several zip lock plastic bags containing drugs, including heroine as well as drug paraphernalia, were recovered from Alig’s house.

A source close to Alig told Page Six that the promoter knew he would die by the end of 2020. The source said, “Michael told me he probably wasn’t going to make it through the year. He started making ‘Party Monster 2’ movie, which was … footage of when he got out of prison.  It was like a documentary. Michael told me, ‘I’ll never see money from it because they said they’ll only release it after [longtime collaborator and DJ] Keoki or I died.”

Alig was entitled as the “Club Kid Killer” as he, along with Robert “Freeze” Riggs, killed a Club Kid member named Andre “Angel” Melendez. The two served time in jail for dismembering his body and tossing it in the Hudson River in 1996. They were found guilty and charged for first degree manslaughter. After Alig got released in 2014, he again went back to doing drugs.

Although Alig’s cause of death was clear at the time of his demise, considering the drugs found around his place. However, the exact and precise cause of death have been discovered as intoxication by fentanyl, acetylfentanyl, heroin and methamphetamine.

May 2021
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31