BlackBerry Limited is a Canadian multinational company specialising in the internet of things and enterprise software. The company is known initially as Research In Motion and developed the BlcakBerry brand of tablets, interactive pagers, and smartphone. Under Chief Executive Officer John S. Chen it transitioned to a services company and enterprise software. Government agencies, businesses, carmakers use its products. Douglas Fregin, Mike Lazaridis founded the company in 1984.
The product, solutions, services, customers, industries, and partners BlackBerry –
Unified endpoint-security, Unified endpoint-management, Embedded solutions, Secure communication, Applications, Automotive Software, Alert & Crisis Communications, Transport Assert Tracking, Antivirus for the home.
Unified endpoint-security, Unified endpoint management, Remote Working, Secure Communications, Embedded System, Internet of Things, Solutions by use case.
Asses, Defend, Implement, Support & Training.
Over 500M endpoints protected and connected, Over 175M vehicles protected and secured, All 18 of the G20 governments, 7 of the G7 governments, 9 of the ten largest automotive OEMs, 9 of the 10 Top Global Banks.
Financial Services, Healthcare, Professional Services, Education, Government, Transportation, Utilities & Manufacturing, Consumer Industry.
Solutions Providers, ISV Partners, Cloud Partners, OEM Partners, Developers, Authorized Training Partner.
Quick facts BlackBerry –
- Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie served as co-CEOs until January 22, 2012.
- In 2012, Thorsten Heins became president and CEO.
- In November 2013, John S Chen became CEO.
- Vision – “Securing a connected future you can trust”.
- Mission – “To be the world’s leading provider of end-to-end mobility solutions that are the most secure and trusted”.
- It Secures 96% of the Enterprise IoT Threat Landscape.
- Tycoon Ransomware Targets Software Sectors and Education.
- Time Partitioning and thread scheduling in a QNX Neutrino RTOS System.
- Android apps Ios using AtHOC REST APIs.
- New BlackBerry dynamics SDK released for Android, Cordova, and iOS.
- DMA device containment in a QNX Hypervisor System.
- Elementary detecting for better Bug Hunting.
- New AtHoc REST APIs.
- 24% of revenue invested in R&D.
- Operations in 30 countries.
- Global Headquarters – Ontario, Canada, Waterloo.
- 38,000+ patents.
- 18 major development centres in 7 countries.