Reddit is a social news aggregation, discussing website and web content rating recently, including live stream content through Reddit Public Access Network. Content is submitted to the site by registered members, such as text posts, images, and links that other members then voted up or down. There are user-created boards (communities/subreddits) where posts are organized by subject. Many topics are covered, like politics, movies, music, sports, cooking, image-sharing, news, science, video games, books, fitness, and pets.
The submission that has more upvotes appears towards the top of their subreddit, and if enough vote is received, then on the site’s front page. The administrators spend considerable resources on moderating the site. As of February 2021, it ranks 18th most visited site globally and in the US 7th most visited site.
Quick Facts Reddit –
- Founders – Steve Huffman, Aaron Swartz, Alexis Ohanian
- Foundation Date – June 23, 2005
- Headquarter – San Francisco, California, US
- Owner – Advance Publications
More details about Reddit –
User-generated content is there in this sight, and discussions of this content in what is essentially a Bulletin board system. The name Reddit means read it. Four hundred thirty million monthly users (Redditor) were there on this site in 2019. The site content is divided into communities or categories called subreddits, of which there are more than 138,000 active communities. The website’s core content consists of posts from its users. To continue the conversation, users can comment on others’ posts.
Users can cast positive (upvotes) or negative (downvotes) votes for each post and comment on the site. The number of positive and negative votes determines the posts’ visibility on the site, so the most famous content is displayed to the most people. Users can also earn karma for their comments and post a status reflecting their contributions to Reddit and their standing within the community. The most popular post is visible on the site front page and those who browse the site without an account.
How Reddit helps to grow business –
- It is a platform where one can interact with fans.
- Discussion can happen on products. Readers or users can ask questions related to the product and get their queries solved. It keeps customers happy with its customer service and helps them stay with a brand.
- Network around one’s area can be quickly built.
- The latest news and updates can be found on the site.